AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

zero clicks from mobiles on TrueView In-stream, is it normal ?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am wondering if the Destination URL is working for mobile views for the TrueView In-Stream Ads, since I got zero clicks from mobiles from a consistent amount of data .

The desktop views have a ratio of clicks/views of 527 / 12.737 = 4.12 % so from my 295 mobile views I was expecting around 12 clicks but why zero "website clicks" ?

I see the same results also in another account with 5 targets defined for video Ads, all have many mobile views and zero clicks.

zero-clicks-on-mobiles.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: zero clicks from mobiles on TrueView In-stream, is it normal ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,

I would guess that it has less to do with your URL and more to do with the mobile video ad experience.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks , but what do you understand by quality ? [edit] Do you mean "mobile ad experience" = video ad quality ?

Here is the updated statistics , I see an impression share of over 90 % and the view rate is almost the same on mobiles 43.75 % and on desktops 44.18 % , if the quality as in resolution or message would be that different , the view rate would be also different on mobiles, people would be clicking Skip just to get rid of the video.

Also the 100% complete view rate is 36 % on mobiles so between 43 % who see 30 seconds and 36 % who reach the end of the 55 second video there are very few abandoning the Ad after the view is counted.

Did you see any video Ad in this format TrueView In-Stream with any "website clicks" after you segment the Targets tab after "Devices" ? I could not find a single article about this type of segmentation. [edit] I mean with clicks on the "Mobiles" row of data.

updated-statistics.png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No, I wasn't referring to ad quality/content at all.  I mean the actual mobile ad experience, for the end user.  In many cases that I've experienced and devices that I've tested, to me, it's often not very intuitive to click through to a website via a video ad. Far less intuitive than a desktop experience anyways.

Yes, I have definitely seen 'website clicks' recorded for mobile devices (segmented data).

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, if you have seen mobile "website clicks" on video Ads i'll keep on hunting them too Smiley Happy until i reach 2000 mobile views.

I tried to browse various videos to get an In-Stream ad to appear just to see if a tap on the video Ad takes me anywhere, but unfortunately my profile did not trigger any video ad.

I can't even segment Targets / Placements by device to see which videos have triggered mobile views.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Your AdWords Kung Fu is better , Tommy San

I got 2 "website clicks" on the mobile segment, after around 1300 mobile views for the TrueView In-Stream Ad Smiley Happy So I applied the -100% bid for mobiles.

The only positive side is the 100% view rate for mobiles which was 27% instead of 21 % for desktops.

Below are the final statistics for this finding :

http://prntscr.com/3cn02i

It seems I have reached a forum limit "You have reached the limit on images. You must delete at least one image before you can upload any more."

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
AdWords Kung Fu - I like it. I think that I just happened to have explored this myself a time or two.

These days, I'm caught in a bug and I can't see any user posted images so you're still a step above me. But, that said, I wonder if you can host them elsewhere and still post images in threads. In other words, do you think your limit is on community hosted/uploaded images or just images overall? Can you upload a screenshot to an image hosting site and then post it via "from another site" instead of uploading?

-Tommy

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I will use links from a free service like the one from above http://prntscr.com/

In the mean time I posted the problem in a thread where Agatha has resolved a similar problem in the past 

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Members-lounge/New-Community-feature-Ability-to-upload-image...

I think the problem is only in my profile because I wanted to be too descriptive in the posts and I ended up uploading in the forum over 500 print-screens from adwords. These are small sized images, it is not like I am using 20 gb from their storage space.