AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

wordpress / shopping cart / adwords conversion tracking

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client who has a Wordpress site, connected to a Shopify e-commerce store and unfortunately he has a big hole in his cross domain tracking between the two platforms as far as Google analytics and AdWords conversions tracking is converned.   It does not work

We've used Google provided consultants that you can get by calling the helpline & we pestered shopify numerous times - nothing.  We simply don't know where the sales are coming from in AdWords.

I've had conversations in the past with other shopping cart providers and they, like shopify become fuzzy on the cross domain piece and the maintenance of that chain as far as attributing sales back into GA and AW with integrity.  Shopping cart providers are much more assured about tracking, if we were to port the entire sire to their platform - obviously.  

My client has some site peculiarities that make him rigidly bias to wordpress for the main part of his site, 7 the online marketing end of things.

So, I am here to solicit some advice as to other's experiences with this problem (which I assume cannot be unique) and what have you done to solve it.

Regards, Doug
LinkedIn  
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: wordpress / shopping cart / adwords conversion tracking

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Doug,

There is a detailed explanation by Googler Tiffany on cross domains and sub domain tracking in this thread. I would really encourage you to read this and see if this could really trigger any hint on cross domain tracking at your end : 

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/Conversion-Tracking-and-Goals-Going-across-m...

I also found one manual related to Shopify and AdWords Conversions set up here :

http://docs.shopify.com/manual/your-store/dashboard/google-adwords

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Doug,

I have done this numerous times for my clients and i am sure its possible to implement cross domain analytics tracking between wordpress and shopify.

Siva.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Siva. Please follow the community guidelines (https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/Rules and avoid self-promotion within this community.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Sorry, yes i know the guidelines of self promotion. I just suggested him and i did not compelled him to go with me....

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

"Please don’t create posts that solicit business or use a signature as a means of promoting your business."

That is the snippet I am referring to.

"If you need assistance i can help you for a fee." = soliciting business, which is a violation of this community's guidelines. Especially when it is paired with an Odesk signature, which is also not quite appropriate, as Odesk is clearly a job platform.

You are more than welcome to this community if you are here in other to help others or to learn from others. You may also user your profile in order to provide relevant information.

However, even suggesting that people should contact you offline is a violation of our community guidelines. Please do not use it as means of getting more business for yourself, because it is not what it was intended for.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I have removed the message. I apologize and thanks for taking the time to raise the concern.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Thank you for your understanding.