AdWords
1.2K members online now
1.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

why number of conversions recorded in analytics under google / cpc are higher than same for Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Number of conversions recorded in analytics under google / cpc are higher than same for Adwords. The difference is 21 conversions.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why number of conversions recorded in analytics under google / cpc are higher than same for Adwo

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Nuwan,

When you say conversions in Analytics, do you means goals, transactions or both?
Are all of the goals/transactions in Analytics being imported into AdWords?
What time-frame are we talking about, and how many total conversions are there in each?

why number of conversions recorded in analytics under google / cpc are higher than same for Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob!

my transactions are my goals. 

No, I am not importing analytics goals into Adwords. 

30 days time period, usually the difference is 3,4 transactions. But, last month it was 21.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

So I presume you are using AdWords conversion code on a sales thank you page, and transactions in Analytics counting visits to the same thank you page as a goal. In this case check your Adwords conversion settings - it could be counting just one visit to the page, while Analytics can count more than one from the same person.

How many total conversions? If there are hundreds, then even 21 differences is not unusual, as AdWords and Analytics assign conversions differently - the main difference is that AdWords gives the conversion to the date of the ad click, whereas Analytics uses the date of the conversion.