AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

why my conversion number is always more than the number of install on my google play developer?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since 2 months back I noticed that conversion number of my campaigns for app install is always more than the number of install in google play developer.
it means I paid to AdWords for the installs which I didn't have them on my google play developer report.

1 Expert replyverified_user

why my conversion number is always more than the number of install on my google play developer?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mehrnaz A,

Conversions with AdWords usually are different from any other tracking method.

Analytics, AdWords, and Play all work a little differently from one another. If someone completes the AdWords cycle but stops the install and abandons the process, AdWords could still see it as a conversion, yet Play would not. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @James_Clemens

Thanks for your kind reply, and is there any way that we put some tagging inside google play code and make it consistent?

Regards

Mehrnaz

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Mehrnaz A,

You are welcome. 

Take a look at this data

Also, you can properly track mobile app conversions from your AdWords advertising with the AdWords Conversion Tracking SDK, or you could use Google Firebase. Firebase is the latest way and will soon replace AdWords Conversion Tracking SDK, so you would want to learn all about Firebase. 

Kind Regards,

James