AdWords
1.2K members online now
1.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

why isn't my ad on the google search?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I listed an ad for my new business and when i perform a Google search the ad doesn't appear. any ideas why not

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Steve,

That may have tons of reasons, from bids being too low to ads showing on SERPs only intermittently, also including some reasons of administrative nature like items being disapproved by Google. No matter which one applies, you are requested to only us the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool that you can find beneath the upper TOOLS tab, for trying to find your ad.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you for the reply I've upped the bid, but there are no ads appearing when I search waste management Somerset. being that the company is a waste management company based in Somerset and no other ads come up surely mine should.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

"no other ads come up surely mine should"

That's a popular misunderstanding of how AdWords works. In fact there is a lower keyword specific threshold (in terms of Ad Rank) below which no ads come up.

Re: why isn't my ad on the google search?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK sorry I'm confused how do I construct the ad to show if people search waste management, waste management near me, waste management south west or waste management Somerset. which to me are the logical times the ad would appear.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

What have you done so far, Steve? What I could suggest greatly depends on what you have currently. E.g. I could tell you to use the Keyword Planner tool but it will not work unless you have already spent some money on your ads. 

For above reasons we would need a bit more info. You created a Search network only campaign? The ad created and approved by Google? Want to list keywords such as waste management south west etc or are they listed already?

Best,

Lakatos