AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

why don't my ads show up?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ads never show up for the key words I use. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lynn R
January 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Per @James Edw Goode, there are many reason why your browser may not be showing ads from your AdWords campaign.  

If you search for the same thing repetitively but don't click on an ad, Google will stop dishing those ads in favor of others.  Also if you keep searching for your own ad(s) repetitively on a regular basis, it could lower your quality scores in some situations.  The best way to see if your ads are running is with the impression statistics.

As mentioned, your bids could be too low, you could be outside the targeted Geography, and a number of other reasons.  

Although the ad preview tool can be useful to spot issues, in my experience it is better to rely upon the stats reported to determine if your ads are showing. The messages from the ad preview tool tend to be a bit aggressive, and will sometimes lead you to believe there are problems when there actually aren't.

Are you getting impressions of your ads?  Keep in mind data is sometimes delayed by 3 to 8 hours.

Check the Ads page, are your products showing as approved?  Are there any errors or warnings?

hth

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Lynn R

There could be  number of reasons for this - such as bid, quality score (ad rank), low search volume, add approval status; many. 

If you use the ad preview and diagnosis tool this should shed some light on the matter and get your ads shown soon enough Smiley Happy

All the best

James

Re: why don't my ads show up?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks james. I am tweaking it and it does seem to be improving!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Lynn R thats awesome Smiley Happy

I recommend strongly looking at different ad copies to really optimise your offering. I see huge differences in performance in ads. 

Are your QS healthy?

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lynn R
January 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Per @James Edw Goode, there are many reason why your browser may not be showing ads from your AdWords campaign.  

If you search for the same thing repetitively but don't click on an ad, Google will stop dishing those ads in favor of others.  Also if you keep searching for your own ad(s) repetitively on a regular basis, it could lower your quality scores in some situations.  The best way to see if your ads are running is with the impression statistics.

As mentioned, your bids could be too low, you could be outside the targeted Geography, and a number of other reasons.  

Although the ad preview tool can be useful to spot issues, in my experience it is better to rely upon the stats reported to determine if your ads are showing. The messages from the ad preview tool tend to be a bit aggressive, and will sometimes lead you to believe there are problems when there actually aren't.

Are you getting impressions of your ads?  Keep in mind data is sometimes delayed by 3 to 8 hours.

Check the Ads page, are your products showing as approved?  Are there any errors or warnings?

hth

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Hello @Lynn R,

Start by performing a search for your text ad with the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool. It can help you confirm that your ad is running without racking up impressions (which will lower your clickthrough rate). You also can hover over the speech bubble in the "Status" column of the Ads tab next to the ad of interest to get detailed information about ad serving status. If your ad isn't showing, the tool will tell you why, and give you tips to help get your ads up and running.