AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

why are clicks cost double and conversion dropping since the upgrade?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, since the last upgrade, our click cost double and the conversion dropped 90%, what is up with that? is that a glitch or is that the new way to say we love you(r) cash? 

The new navigation is not as effective, the dashboard takes a lot of memory even in chrome browsers, I really don't understand why those changes but anyway, I do care about the click cost and conversion drop, any comments or help please? Thank you

JG

Re: why are clicks cost double and conversion dropping since the upgra

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Joseph, 

It's really tough to say what attributed to your sharp cost per click increase and conversion decrease without seeing your account.  I would recommend to have a certified professional make an assessment given your past account activity. 

In terms of conversions falling off, I would suggest taking a look at the following areas:

1. Have you made any format changes to your landing page or checkout process?
  2. Are you driving traffic to a different landing page?
  3. Any changes to the way you're tracking conversions?
  4. Check for seasonality - How did your conversion activity look in the same time period of last year?

Regarding your increase in cost per click, an observation I've seen since enhanced campaigns have been turned on for all accounts on July 22nd is that advertisers that were targeting specific devices (desktops, tablets, or mobile) are now in the auction for all devices (unless they opted out of mobile by creating a -100% bid adjustment).  If you historically spent most of your budget on mobile, I can see how your cost per clicks have increased substantially in the past month or so.  Again, this is a general observation I've seen and I would strongly recommend for you to have a certified professional make an assessment specific to your account and its past activity.

@Nefer_L

Re: why are clicks cost double and conversion dropping since the upgra

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Joseph, If your campaigns were just targeting mobile users, there are chances for getting higher CPC, but if the campaigns were of normal Desktop you need to reduce bid for mobile devices by 100%. (Go to Settings Device settings > Decrease Mobile device sbid by 100%) 

Enhanced campaigns No longer supports Mobile only campaigns (unless you upload mobile size banners only)

Thanks !