AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

why adwords and analytic Reports showing missmatch?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Team,

Could you please help me out how the adwords and analytic reports are not matching with other it is showing some discrepancy on the total number of the conversion. So please let me why it is happen.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why adwords and analytic Reports showing missmatch?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rishi,

Yes, There is always some discrepancy between AdWords conversions and Analytics Conversion. Because of attribution modeling. AdWords works on the First click attribution modeling and Analytics works on the last click attribution modeling.

e.g A user comes after clicking on AdWords ads but does not complete the conversions and then comes to your website by referral traffic, then it gets converted, Then AdWords will show 1 conversions but in reality, Analytic attribute this conversion to Referral source.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: why adwords and analytic Reports showing missmatch?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
This depends upon how you are measuring the conversions - can you elaborate a little?

How are you tracking the conversion? GA goal imported back into AdWords, or directly as an AdWords conversion?