AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

which to report 1-per-click or many-per-click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Rather new to all this and have a simple question.  On an ecommerce site, I'm trying to get overall performance results and can't figure out which is best to report (conversions:  1-per-click or many-per-click)  I feel I understand the difference but not quite.  If I report 1-per-click I miss those who revisit the site for another purchase.  If I report many-per-click I get everything but would count someone twice if they bought something on a site but bought a second item before leaving the site.

So if I'm trying to do rough reporting to determine how my accounts are doing, which of these conversions would I report in say a simple line chart?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: which to report 1-per-click or many-per-click

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello jcul,

There is a thin line of difference between Conversions 1-per-click and Conversions Many-per-click. Adwords will count only unique conversion happening within 30 days from single ad click and attribute the value for Conversion 1-per-click, whereaas on contrary, will attribute multiple conversions if happening through that single click for Conversion many-per-click.

But the good thing is that from Purchase/Sale perspective, it would be better to take Conversion many-per-click value because there are multiple sales happening through that single click, which of course would be important for you.

However, in case there is a lead, sign-up, Conversion 1-per-click is preferred, so as to calculate unique customers enquiries.

I would also encourage you to read about Ecommerce Tracking with Google Analytics and implement it to get more insight and more statistics in terms of Profit.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello jcul,

There is a thin line of difference between Conversions 1-per-click and Conversions Many-per-click. Adwords will count only unique conversion happening within 30 days from single ad click and attribute the value for Conversion 1-per-click, whereaas on contrary, will attribute multiple conversions if happening through that single click for Conversion many-per-click.

But the good thing is that from Purchase/Sale perspective, it would be better to take Conversion many-per-click value because there are multiple sales happening through that single click, which of course would be important for you.

However, in case there is a lead, sign-up, Conversion 1-per-click is preferred, so as to calculate unique customers enquiries.

I would also encourage you to read about Ecommerce Tracking with Google Analytics and implement it to get more insight and more statistics in terms of Profit.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the insights. I'll head over to ecommerce tracking and read up. I appreciate your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also trying better to understand the Many-per-click metric.  So is it correct that this number is the actual number of conversions obtained as a result of Adwords ad clicks?  That they have clicked an ad and purchased before, and then come back to the site later to purchase again?