AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

when it says the competition is listed as low for a particular key word what does that mean?

DBG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
DBG
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When it says the competition is low for a key word that show lots of traffic what does that mean/

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: when it says the competition is listed as low for a particular key word what does that mean?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi DGB,

My initial instict is to say that there are not many advertisers currently bidding on that keyword.  That being said, sometimes you have to take "estimates" like these with a grain of salt.  Regardless of competition, you will still need to set up, execute and maintain a good AdWords strategy and account.  Competiton can change daily for keywords...nothing is guraranteed.

Please take a look a this previous discussion surrounding the same topic...there are some good responses there as well.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Understanding-low-competition-high-CPC/m-p...

Please, ask follow-up questions you may have and/or if this helps your understanding at all.

Sorry I don't have a direct answer for you. 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’