AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

what should be my budget to get 5000 conversion

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a education website providing online education, I want 5000 conversions per month. so what should be my budget and what are best location if i want to target in US. Kindly help on this? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ABHISHEK S
September 2015

Re: what should be my budget to get 5000 conversion

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I'd highly recommend reading up on how AdWords works before you jump into this if you think that a fixed budget will guarantee you a fixed number of conversions.

Your question is a bit like me asking you "How much gasoline do I need to get to Florida"? You don't know what I'm driving, where I am now, what the cost of the fuel is, what MPG I get (if I'm driving a vehicle at all) etc. See what I'm getting at?

Nobody can answer that question. It depends on too many variables. What is your conversion rate? How much is your cost per click? What is your conversion? (phone call, sale etc.)

You need to first find out how much you need to spend for 1 conversion. Then multiply that by 5000 bearing in mind that not all conversions will cost the same amount. To find out how much you need to spend for one conversion, you need to just jump in Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

what should be the budget to get 5000 conversions per month

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a education website providing online education, I want 5000 conversions per month. so what should be my budget and what are best location if i want to target in US. Kindly help on this? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ABHISHEK S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I'd highly recommend reading up on how AdWords works before you jump into this if you think that a fixed budget will guarantee you a fixed number of conversions.

Your question is a bit like me asking you "How much gasoline do I need to get to Florida"? You don't know what I'm driving, where I am now, what the cost of the fuel is, what MPG I get (if I'm driving a vehicle at all) etc. See what I'm getting at?

Nobody can answer that question. It depends on too many variables. What is your conversion rate? How much is your cost per click? What is your conversion? (phone call, sale etc.)

You need to first find out how much you need to spend for 1 conversion. Then multiply that by 5000 bearing in mind that not all conversions will cost the same amount. To find out how much you need to spend for one conversion, you need to just jump in Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Just to add to this - think carefully about what you are going to count as a conversion - there is often a gap between what is a conversion (perhaps an inquiry form completion) and then a visitor that turns into a customer and actually gives you some money.

As Dave says start by getting one conversion - or a few of them - see how much that cost and what it was worth to you and then you'll start to get an idea of whether or not your business model can be safely extended out to get the 5,000 conversions.

Re: what should be the budget to get 5000 conversions per month

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Abhishek and welcome to the AdWords Community.

It will quite taugh to answer your question as we're missing a lot of datas to be able to answer.
What is the % of conversion from your website (from visits > Conversion)? Are you already targetting the US? What kind of online education do you provide? On the conversion you have today, is there a segment where you perform better than other (let's say tht maths is better than psychology), etc...

Your question is too open to have an appropriate answer :-(

Have a nice and sunny day

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Alex, As you said now i will first run my campaign first and than will optimize it accordingly.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 3 more additions to make to your case , besides the excellent advice that you already received :

1) About "what are best location if i want to target in US." . For this I suggest deciding a couple of keywords, not many and research them with the Keyword Planner. You can start by selecting each city in the US , this is the list in descending order by population :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

2) Make Campaigns for every major City (edit: if the budget allows) and use the second option for Advanced Location Targeting.The first option uses targeting by intent ( city name in the search string).   If you want details I or any other can elaborate.

3) Because you aim at leads , subscriptions, if they do not involve instant online payment , the conversions may be happening offline. For this AdWords offers a revolutionary way to track offline conversions described here

http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2013/09/measure-optimize-for-offline-sales-with.html

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Abhishek, This is not what i said,
What i meant is that before starting your campaigns yous should look on your actual website to have more stats that you could share with us to help you.
As said a follow adwords community member on another post you published (same question, i didn't see that earlier), you question in like asking how much gosoline you need to drive to Florida, not saying where you are, what kind of car you are driving etc...

If you have a website and know what is your actual conversion rate, you could use the traffic estimator for keywords you plan towork on to have the numbers of clicks and price it could cost and compare these infos with you rate conversion to estimate your ROI.
Of course, these datas depends on many factors, so don't take them as an absolute guarantee.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I have to say I wouldn't target by city.  Although the cities contain a large percentage of the population, there's a lot of people outside the cities as well.  It's also a lot of work to create a Campaign for every city and it's going to be very hard to provide a realistic budget for each of them while tuning the Campaign performance.

Personally, I'd start with just four Campaigns targeting each of the primary Time Zones in the US (and putting Hawaii and Alaska into the Pacific targeted Campaign).  This gives you just four Campaigns to manage in the initial tuning period but will still allow you to easily review individual State by State performance (since to build these four Campaigns you'll need to target each of the States individually).  After you have gathered enough data you may be able to identify key States that deserve special treatment but you'll need to ensure you do gather enough data and give the Campaigns time to show performance before making any changes.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits