AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

what happens to the google forwarding number when tracking is stopped

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what happens to the google forwarding number when adwords campaign or conversion is stopped?

Does it become inactive? What if someone stored it on their phone and called that number again?

Thank you...

Regards...

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
September 2015

Re: what happens to the google forwarding number when tracking is stop

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @CroydonGate M;

It could be changed. So, it's either become as you noted "inactive" or could be moved to another advertiser.

It is not intended to serve /  be promoted as a business number, but only for online conversion -  (meaning: immediately upon a user  visiting the site, or a short time after).

• >>Your Google forwarding number is designed to track your online ad performance for call conversions, and your number(s) may change between ad groups and vary over time. Therefore, we don't recommend that you post or promote this number beyond your online ad campaigns with AdWords.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: what happens to the google forwarding number when tracking is stop

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
In addition to what Moshe said, I believe Google mentioned somewhere (I can no longer find where) that the forwarding number will still forward to your phone for 30 days after its last click or use.