AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

website visitor ip address tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

website visitor ip address tracking

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: website visitor ip address tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anu,

Do you have a question about this?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

If you have question about visitor's IP. How can Track visitor IP for you website?

Do Log file Analysis of your website. You would be find the IP of visitor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dear,

Is there any way to know the IP address of the visitors to my site??

Looking forward to your respond.

Regards,
Muzna.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am curious to know how to track a website visitors IP address. Is anyone able to assist me in this process?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi ScottyD!

I do. I have a client whose new web site we are building and whilst lots of people in the project have said that the client will be able to utilise IP tracking for retargeting, no-one as yet seems to have been able to answer me how this actually happens.

I understand the basic mechanics and principles of how retargeting works, but how does the IP tracking and retargeting sync. Is that setup via Google Tag Manager, or extracted via Analytics and fed in GDN?

Apologies for such a dub question, but better to ask than pretend I know Smiley Wink
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
February 2016

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

There is not a way to track visitors' IP addresses with AdWords or Analytics. There is only the option to exclude specific IP addresses that you already know.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie, I do have the IP Addresses that Wordpress gathers when our users fill out a form to get a quote...How do I find out where that IP Address came from. What was the source that led them to my site. Anyway to do that? Suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your time.

-Chris

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

@Chris C Thanks for posting! It's not possible use IP addresses to uncover insights with AdWords, so your best bet would likely be to explore whether Wordpress has options that will let you do this.

Hope this helps!
Cassie

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Got it! Thanks for quick response!

best,

Chris C

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.