AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

video campaign performance report does not show data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi,

Due to the fact that no data for Youtube campaigns is available via the Adwords API, we have been using the video campaign performance report scheduled email to attain the data we need from youtube campaigns.

However, recently the video campaign report has been empty, despite us having a number of video campaigns running.

All I really need is an automated way to get standard data from youtube campaigns, surely that is possible?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: video campaign performance report does not show data

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Max,

As you may have heard, all TrueView video campaigns are moving fully into the Adwords interface, and this has changed the location of some reporting. You may need to recreate that report within the new, upgraded interface by clicking on the Reports area at the top of the page in order to update that report.

Please let me know if this helps!

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

Thanks for your response.It raises a couple more questions for me though.

1) In the new report editor - i see no options for video related metrics and also no pre defined reports for videos. So how am I supposed recreate the report in there?

2) I have an MCC with many accounts within it. I only see the new report editor when I am viewing a specific account, if I go straight from the main accounts page to the reports page, I get the old reports page with the old options - including the video campaign performance report which returns no data.

As I said originally, my goal is simply to get the same data I was previously getting via the video campaign performance report. How do I do that?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It appears as though the rollout of TrueView has also meant additional video related options via the API. Including being able add 'views' to a campaign performance report and thereby identify TrueView campaigns.

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Max,

To clarify, the Video Performance Report is no longer available in the upgraded version. So you will need to create a new report.

You can either do so directly from the Adwords interface by clicking the "download report" button (to the right of Columns) in any view, and enabling the video columns you need, or you should be able to do so from the report builder in your MCC. There will be an option to choose "video campaign performance" as the new report type.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Max,

I am facing the same issue. Have you figured out a way to pull video performance reports now? It's going to be real troublesome to pull them for each account separately.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author max l
October 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Hayley,

We're now using the Adwords API to get video view data. Do you have API access? If so, you can now add the metric 'views' to your API query and any campaign that returns values in that field are video campaigns. It works for us.

If you don't use the API and have an MCC then your best bet is to create a campaign performance report in the report builder section. I don't know about you but in my MCC, i still have the old type of report builder. If you do too, select campaign performance report and then select your columns, in the 'performance' section you will see the metric 'views' add this in to the report and you should get what you need. If that works, you can then run it for all accounts and schedule the file to be emailed to you however often you want.

Hope that helps,
Max

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That worked perfectly. Thanks so much, Max Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello. I understand the download report button for each campaign, but I still don't see a way to create a report from the report builder in the MCC. If I choose a Video Campaign Performance type of report, it still returns no data, even when searching across all accounts and campaigns. We're in the UK, is it possible we still don't have the current interface yet? If so, do you have any idea when that may be released to us?

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

Hi Fergus,

Thanks for posting to the Community. The old video performance report no longer works, but TrueView metrics like views, viewthrough rate, and earned actions are fully integrated into MCC reports at this point, including the campaigns, ad groups and ads reports.  

To run an MCC report for multiple child accounts, you should be able to...
  • Click on the Reporting tab in your MCC.
  • Click +Create Reportto choose your report type, name your report and select your date range.
  • From here, you can customize your report to select specific accounts and campaigns (new-style TrueView campaigns, only), as well as modify columns to select TrueView metrics.  

Let me know if that helps,

Cassie