AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

validate clicks and know the source IP who clicks our PPC ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! Is ther a way to know the source IP of user who CLICKS our PPC ads? Is the number of Clicks distinct or by unique IP? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: validate clicks and know the source IP who clicks our PPC ads

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

HI

You cant do that inside adwords interface as IP address is personally identifiable information. But You can check your server logs for this information of course that wont give you IP address for each click but will give you a broader data.

I hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I completely agree with what Nik has said.

Adding more to the conversation i would suggest you to refer this Article for your query.

I Hope this Helps!

Thanks,

Azeem Shaikh

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello jeffsom15 and welcome,

Nik in spot on here!

Due to privacy policies, neither Google Adwords nor Google Analytics provide you the IP addresses details. So the only option for you to check is the web server logs.

In addition, I would also like to tell you about Invalid Clicks data which you can look at inside your Adwords account and analyse if something suspected has happened in your account or not.

Generally, Google uses very sophisticated tools and techniques to take care of spam activities and if they found some invalid clicks, the amount is credited back to your Adwords account. You can check that by moving into Billing Tab.

There's lot more about how Google protects these unwanted activies. You might consider reviewing this link :

http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/invalid-click-protection.html

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My company is consistently harassed by competitors, who have cost me well over $100K in false clicks over the decades. The clicks come from hundreds of closed domains. I was able to tell that and get money back from Yahoo, but Google is infallible and beyond questioning. They have analytics!!! Just last week, competitors raised my conversion cost on the best keyword from $10 to $58 on a $34 product. All I can do is pause the keyword, and then they'll start hitting another one.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would also like to say that I allowed Google to "manage" my account for two months and they went WAY WAY WAY over my monthly budget and WAY WAY WAY over the cpc limits, ALL FOR NO INCREASE IN SALES. Terrible mistake.