AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

utm_placement={placement} doesn't show in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For a Display (remarketing) campaign, I have used utm_placement={placement} in my parameters.

In GA I can see in the report Behavior / Site Content / Landing Pages that it works (utm_placement is rendering properly in the URLs), but in the report Aquisition / Adwords / Display Targeting / Placements it's empty.

Anyone knows how to have this data available in the Display Targeting report in GA?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robexa
May

Re: utm_placement={placement} doesn't show in Google Analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey,

The implementation you have described is a ValueTrack parameter. This will accurately populate the placement in the landing page report, as you mentioned. However, there are only five UTM parameters that Google Analytics will recognize via manual tagging in AdWords, and that isn't one of them. In order to see the placements in the Display Targeting report you will need to enable auto-tagging in AdWords.

Hope that helps!

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.