AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

utm parameters blank

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm working with a client on a PPC campaign and am trying to get a baseline on the % of utm paramters that I should expect to be missing due to browsers with disabled cookies, spam, etc. I can't find any actual data on this number.

The campaign ads are pointed to a single landing page with a form, and we are posting leads to the customer's database. 

Right now we are seeing 5%-8% of leads with missing utm data, which lines up with my experience and that of my colleagues. Should we be working to lower that %, or is that just the nature of varying browers settings, etc.?

Thank You,

Jeff

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: utm parameters blank

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Jeff,
There's no baseline. It totally depends on the audience.

For example, if you have an advertiser targeting an older/elderly audience, you might find that they don't know how to turn of tracking or use browsers that offer this option front and center.

Likewise, if you're advertising to an audience of privacy nuts, you'll see vastly different numbers.

Unfortunately, it's just the nature of the beast. You'll never get it accurate.
Across all industries though, my experience is around the same as yours. Usually below 8%