AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

using filters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

I would like to add a filter so my own visits to my website don't show in the statistics, and I know what I need to do once I find the filters. How do I get to them? Theoretically I know that I need to go to Analytics Settings - filter manager - create new filter, but am unable to locate these. No such thing under the "Settings" tab as far as I can see.

Please help?

Thank you,

Ann

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: using filters

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Ann, and welcome to the AdWords community.

You should click on "Admin" (top right), then, on the Profiles tab click on your current profile (filters are applied at profile level, not at account level) and there they are. Fourth tab from the left.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

In addition to spot on response from Calin, I would like you to read the following reference explaining how you can exclude the internal traffic from Google Analytics:

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1034840

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Ann, and welcome to the AdWords community.

You should click on "Admin" (top right), then, on the Profiles tab click on your current profile (filters are applied at profile level, not at account level) and there they are. Fourth tab from the left.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

In addition to spot on response from Calin, I would like you to read the following reference explaining how you can exclude the internal traffic from Google Analytics:

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1034840

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adwiser!

Thanks so much for the support, I found the right order of doing things, and the filter is in place!

Really appreciate the help,

Ann3789

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj!

Thanks for the link, it was very helpful.

Greatly appreciate your assistance!

Ann3789

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I'm happy it worked, Ann.