AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

using UA number as google_conversion_id?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I am just evaluating the website of a potential customer. The customer has the following tracking code on his website:

http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/UA-XXXXXXX-YY/?label=test&value=4.25&script=0

To me that looks like AdWords conversion tracking, but I am wondering about the format of the google_conversion_id because it is in the format UA-XXXXX-YY which I only know from Google Analytics. In AdWords I have only ever seen pure numeric conversion ids, like '1234567890'.

I do not have access to the account so I cannot check whether the code above actually tracks conversions. Therefore I would appreciate if anyone could tell me whether this code should work or not.

Thanks

Claudia

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: using UA number as google_conversion_id?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Claudia,

Is it the only line of code you can see on your client's website or it comprises of full script including conversion language, format, label, color etc?

You are right in your assumption that this line is a part of Conversion Tracking code. Also the conversion ID is generally a 10 digit number (numeric).

I would suggest you to ask your client if there has been some code modification done with the help of a programmer.

Read more about conversion tracking here : http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722054

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Re: using UA number as google_conversion_id?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for your reply. The tracking code is injected via an image tag created with JavaScript, so the rest of the 'normal' AdWords conversion tracking script is not there. I just got the url from tracking the HTTP request made on the website.

I was just not sure whether I had missed some update in the tracking that allows to use the UA number as conversion id, but since you confirm that the number should be a 10 digit number I can definitely mark up this tracking code as oddity in my report.

So thanks again for your reply and have a nice day

Claudia