AdWords
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

unable to import conversion

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

When doing upload of conversions (GCLID´s) we get this message of about 10% of all GCLID´s 

"We are unable to import a conversion for this click since it was not found in our system."

We are looking for possible failures when catching and storing GCLID´s on our side.

But what surprises me is that AdWords says it doesn´t even recognise the GCLID. Because we have checked our own weblogs, and we can see that this exact GCLID is in the URL when user ends up on the website. So obviously it does exist!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: unable to import conversion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, David.

Are you sure that the click comes from the account you're trying to import it into? Because I'm pretty sure that if there's another AdWords account that might have sent traffic on that website you'll not going to be able to import a click coming from account A into account B.

On the other hand, the click ID needs to be 90 days old at most. See this document: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en

So if someone clicks an ad leading to your website, bookmarks it and then clicks it again 91 days after that (and the gclid is still in the bookmark), you won't be able to import that click ID.

Hope it helps,
Calin
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Cheers Calin

If the GCLID is from another account or the click occure more than 90 days ago, the system till tell you that specifically when you upload them. So that can´t be the issue.

/ David

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Busted! You can now tell I didn't perform the process myself Smiley Wink.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
But maybe you know an engineer at Google who did who you can this thread to ; )

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @David_Precisera, did you already find a solution? I have the same problem now ;(

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Britta Meyer

There is probably someone else, another account, sending traffic to your website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow, I didn't expect that. Thank you for your quick response! I will see how I can evaluate that.