AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

unable to import conversion data from Google analytics

Gem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Gem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi we have current website and google analytics is installed late last year. We decided to have AdWords this year and we need to import conversion from analytics goals.My problem was i can't click the "import from analytics" of conversion.

I already linked adwords and analytics yesterday

I already enable the data sharing

I already enable auto tagging.

how can i solve this problem? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gem
September 2015

Re: unable to import conversion data from Google analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

If you linked the accounts yesterday, then I think it would be too early to see the import button getting enabled for you. You will see this option when Google Analytics will start collecting the goal completion data for the Adwords campaigns inside the interface. Sometimes it does take  a little while before you start seeing importing option.

Also to be on the safer side and to cross check make sure you have followed all the steps properly to get your goals imported inside Adwords: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375435?hl=en&

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gem
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Gem and welcome,

There is about a 48 hour delay to be able to import your goals from analytics into your AdWords account so give it a couple of days and you should hopefully see the option become available.

Gem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Gem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi i'll wait for a couple of days thanks for replying to my post.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Waiting a couple of days will only work if there are goal completions from AdWords traffic. In most cases Google will wait unitl AdWords traffic has generated about 10 - 20 goal completions before making the goal available for import - so depending on the traffic levels and the conversion rates the two day estimate may be optimistic.

But don't worry - you are OK - there's nothing you're missing - it's just the quirky way it works - that and Google not actually mentioning that!

Gem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Gem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi i already set my goals last year. and the goal completion is 24.btw i set my goal as event.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

OK - two questions....

- of the 24 completions - how many of those came from AdWords traffic?

- you say the goal is an event - did you configure a goal using this event? Once an event is set up this is not a goal. You have to then configure a goal using the event as the goal indicator....

OK - three questions....

- if you did set up the event as a goal - when did you do this? If you only did this recently then only those events that have been logged as a goal completion will count towards the count.

Gem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Gem
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Conversion import from analytics is already enabled.

Thanks,