AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

translate.googleusercontent.com / referral ?

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

I'm getting conversions that are attributing their Source / Medium to "translate.googleusercontent.com / referral" - I assume what's happening is that Google is translating the page and then steals the credit for the conversion? Can someone confirm this? 

Also, if I exclude this source, will my actual Source/ Medium from the conversion be captured or will i be screwing something up?

Thanks guys!

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Re: translate.googleusercontent.com / referral ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Joshua
That's exactly what's happening.
In GA, you can add this to your referral exclusion list and it will attribute the correct source. You won't break anything.

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Dave_Davis (Top Contributor)
October 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Joshua
That's exactly what's happening.
In GA, you can add this to your referral exclusion list and it will attribute the correct source. You won't break anything.

Have a great day!

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi @Joshua R The answer is pretty straightforward - it's people who viewed your website through Google’s translate service.  Looks like you can add additional language to your website if you are constantly getting lot's of conversions of that kind.

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Thanks Dave, that's what I thought but wanted to do my due diligence before blocking a referral source.
Joshua, Top Contributor

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Thanks for the idea @Alexey C regarding including additionally languages. I think as we expand we'll create unique subdomain or a different top-level domain.
Joshua, Top Contributor

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
You're welcome Joshua
That list becomes your best friend when you're fine tuning attribution. You'll be adding a lot more to it in the coming year.

Have a great day!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Dave_Davis.

I don't totally agree with the answer. 

Yes of course translate.googleusercontent.com its mostly incoming organic search from google.

No referral exclusion will not automatically consider the correct source as translate.googleusercontent.com is in the default search engine list. Best solution would be to mark it the the Organic search source as well Smiley Wink

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i am a Rahman