AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

tracking conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I want to know how many sales either direct or via an assisted conversion my traffic source generated so I can pay commission.  The source I want to track is a banner ad on a web site. The banner ad link to the web site  has been done so the web site name  where the banner is located appears by name as a referrer web site.

Adwords has not played any part in any of these conversion.

Currently when I look at the Ecommerce report it shows two conversions from that particular web site and the value of those transactions.

If  I look at the assisted conversions ( Assisting Interactions Analysis) in the multi channel funnel report I have 2 assists and one last click conversion for that source. The total revenue figures for these are different than the ecommerce report.

Now if I look at the First Interaction Analysis element of the multi channel report I end up with 3 first click conversions and 1 last click conversion and again the total value is different.

Next we have conversions under the MCF Assistant Conversion report which shows 3 conversions and a value that matches the Assisting Interactions Analysis figure above.

I am happy to pay commission on direct and assisted conversions . Where do I look for that accurate figure.

Regards

John
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John M
September 2015

Re: tracking conversions

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi John,

Thanks for your posting. This sounds like more of a Google Analytics issue. Please feel free to re-post your question to the Analytics community forum: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/analytics