AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

tracking conversions by specific time and date

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This seems like such a commonsensical need that I'm sure I must just be missing it, but I would like to have a report on conversions that would provide the specific time and date of each logged conversion, along with the campaign, ad group, ad, and keyword that led to the initial click. Any help much appreciated...

Message 1 of 3 (53 Views)

Reply to John M
| ‎01-11-2013 05:15 PM

Hi John,

Thank you for your posting. You can find out how to setup conversion on this link from our support page. I'm including a second link on Understanding Conversions. Some of the specific data you inquired about may not be available in the conversion data.

Message 2 of 3 (35 Views)

Reply to John Paul

| ‎04-11-2013 10:40 AM

Thanks for your reply, John Paul. We already have conversion tracking set up and understand the basics - though there is certainly a lot more to learn! Being able to link the specific time and date of each conversion to the specific campaign, ad group, ad, and keyword that led to the conversion would be very helpful to us in terms of quantifying our results.

I keep thinking that a report that would include all this information in one place would be readily available and that I am just missing it. You said, "Some of the specific data you inquired about may not be available in the conversion data." Is there a reason for this, or some sort of work-around? Thanks to you and to anybody else who might help us to understand this...
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: tracking conversions by specific time and date

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi John, you should be able to view Conversions by date very easily - simply by choosing a date range or a specific date.  By time you can view Conversions by Hour of Day using the Dimensions tab.

However, I'm sensing that what you're looking for is a list that says "Conversion A happened at 1:38pm on the 11th October, B on at 8:09pm on the 12th" and so on and if this is the case I'd really caution against this sort of precision analysis unless your business is very time-orientated (such as a pizza delivery firm).  While AdWords (or organic) Conversions can and often do exhibit clear general patterns in terms of days and hours, it's equally true that there can be exceptional data points outside of those patterns and, over time, those exceptional points can become important.  I personally wouldn't consider trusting time/day data until I had at least 10 conversions per day per Keyword and/or 200 or so conversions per Keyword over a period of time, and even then I would be cautious in my decisions.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: tracking conversions by specific time and date

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cobnut,

Thanks for your reply. The reason we are so interested in the time of conversions is that we want to know which conversion relates to which order we receive via our online order system. However, my understanding now is that Google specifically does not provide information allowing you to link conversions to individual customers. I can understand if there is a privacy issue here, but it also makes it much more difficult to quantify the results of Adwords campaigns. Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences on this subject they'd be willing to share? Thanks again for any help...