AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

tracking an offline telephone event

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to track orders that have been made offline by telephone.
I m not interested to track only the orders that come from adwords extensions or ads.

Is there any way like UTM URL or by uploading a CSV file in order to achieve my goal? It's not necessary for me to have an automated system. I want manually to import the order with its value when a telephone order occurs, in order to have information about the revenue.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: tracking an offline telephone event

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

Great question.

This is totally doable and something that I do for many clients.

Here's info about offline conversion tracking: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en

In order to import information about calls as conversions into AdWords, you'll need to know the GCLID (Google Click ID) associated with the clicks that drove calls. You'll need to use a 3rd-party call tracking system to capture that information.

I hope that's helpful!

John

Re: tracking an offline telephone event

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply John.
It is desirable to track all telephone orders and telephone orders from adwords separately.

I have read the corresponding section at google support but there is no way to import telephone orders without having a GCLID (orders not connected with ad, from other sources).
The only way to capture GCLID (Google Click ID) is with 3rd-party call tracking system?

Concerning the orders coming from adwords extensions or ads directly, i can't use Google forwarding numbers because Greece is not part of the eligible countries.
In order to detour this i have to capture the GCLID at my site and then manually as explained here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7012522
and then import it with CSV?

Finally, can the UTM URL that used in google Analytics do the job?

Thank you for your answer