AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

the utm_ parameters don't seem to be passed correctly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I selected Auto-tagging = Yes in my settings, but I am yet to receive any utm_ details.  Do you know what I am doing wrong?  

I use mixpanel, and mixpanel tracks utm automatically.  I tested that utm tracking works on mixpanel by just going to the ad's url and manually setting the utm_ parameters in the browser nav bar.  It worked.

So I suspect google's link don't include any utm info at all.  Is it maybe becuase I only set auto-tagging to true a few hours ago (2-3 hours) and it takes longer for the system to reflect the change?

Thanks for any insights

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: the utm_ parameters don't seem to be passed correctly.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello, Tom.

Auto-tagging is only useful if you use Analytics to track visitors on your website. That's because AdWords and Analytics can share data through the use of the google click id parameter (gclid).

If you use anything other than Google Analytics, you need to use manual tagging in order to make sure that the third party analytics packages can pick those paratemers from your landing pages' URLs.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.