1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

{target}

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

For {target} value track, it is written in Adwords documentation : "a placement category (travel or sports, for example)"
Can you confirm that is value track does not retrieve user interest ? Because it seems to, because it has the same values in its hierarchy.
In fact, I am looking for a value track that tracks targeting criteria different from keyword and placement, does it exist ?
Thanks in advance,

Perrine

Re: {target}

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Perrine,

I think this is what you're looking for then. {Target} allows you to view a category you're targeting, and this is not necessarily correlated to user interest.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does target retrieves user interest or does it retrieve topics ?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Perrine,

As mentioned above, {Target} allows you to view a category you're targeting. However, this might indirectly tie into user interest. If I'm viewing a site on gardening, chances are, I'm interested in that category.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What is the list of categories ? Is it this ? : https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/productsservices

In addition, if I target only placements criterion, do "target" value track will be filled with a category ?

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Perrine,

If you're only doing placement targeting, then just use the {placement} value.

I'm fairly certain that {target} returns items defined in the topic targeting list inside your AdWords account. But I've asked a member of our support team to reach out to you to confirm.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi Perrine,

We confirmed the above point is, in fact, true.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,
I have done a test on a campaign doing remarketing. The campaign targets audiences. The value track "target" retrieves the id of the user lists.
This means that target value track does not necessarly retrieve a category.
Could you be more specific on which targeting criteria are retrieved by target value track ? When the campaign targets different targeting criteria, which one is retrieved by target value track ?