AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

someone wants to share results? I do

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, even if it should sound difficult, I would like to make benchmark with some of my results with yours. I'm particularly interested in talking about lead generation conversation rate. My data are coming from different adwords campaigns in different business sectors in different times. This is the hardest job: to match data coming from several situations in which there are many factors influencing the final results. How is made the website, the landing page, the product sold, the company, the adwords announce and so on...in any case i'm going to share some of mine, hoping we could talk about yours.

A)

product: professional training course

budget invested €10.000

lead generation rate:  2,53%

B)
product:bed and breakfast apartments

budget invested €1.000

lead generation rate:  5,8%

C)
product: luxury real estate

budget invested €1.000

lead generation rate:  2,6%

D)
product: web marketing

budget invested €1.000

lead generation rate:  6,6%

Thanks to all who wants to share

Ciao

Roberto

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: someone wants to share results? I do

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Bobrock,

My understanding is that by lead generation rate you mean what we typically call Conversion Rate, or CR for short. The formula is CR = conversions/clicks.

We deliver leads to local service providers in the US. Last year's annual CR was ~5%. The deviation by specialty was relatively huge, ranging from 1.5% to 8.0%. (The numbers also include some massive experiments.)

I'd note that some of your industries seem really difficult, first of all luxury real estate. Your CR=2.6% seems quite reasonable for it.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lakatos and thanks for your reply.

I would have used the term lead generation to define only the information requests coming via adwords announce. With this term i would exclude all conversions related to ecommerce or other actions coming from ppc.

Your quite 5% sounds good. Is it coming all from information requests or from other actions? and what do you mean with "massive experiments"?

I would like to better understand software sector. I will go to make campaigns for professional software (ie. software used by companies to manage the accountancy) and i would like if I should consider this sector a good sector for conversation.

Ciao

Roberto

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

In my case, a conversion means signing up for a free account on the client's website. When and how they become paying client's is beyond my responsibility. Unfortunately this kind of lead generation market is overcrowded with heavy competitors that's the reason why we can't up the CR%.

I lack experience in the software sector but hope you'll find some one to discuss the ins and outs.

Best,

Lakatos