AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

single versus double quotes in GA-code

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to implement the remarketing enabled GA-code (doubleclick...etc) but my CMS changes the single quotes in the code to double quotes. Is this a problem? (my remarketing lists haven't populated yet after one day..)

Kind Regards,

Steven

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: single versus double quotes in GA-code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Steven,

I am not sure which CMS are you using, but most of the CMS available are compatible with these features like Google Analytics compatible, SEO friendly etc... In fact, most of the CMS have separate settings where you need to add the code separately and rest of the work is done by CMS itself.

I would suggest if you can refer to the manual of your CMS and then install the script, it should work. However, if it is feasible to use the FTP and install the code directly on the files, that's another work around.

I hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pankaj,

Were using Drupal, I'm sure our engineer can try and change the quotes if necessary, but question mainly is : is it necessary to use single quotes? Are the double quotes the reason why my lists aren't populating right now?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Steven,

When did you create the remarketing list? Is it like today or it's been sometime since this list has been created and you are waiting to populate the list?

I found this on Drupal and am not sure if this could be of any help to you, but you might consider reading it for a while: https://drupal.org/project/google_analytics

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Steven,

As long as it doesn't result in unbalanced quotes, there's no difference in Javascript between single and double quotes.

Remarketing lists will not populate in a day, it takes a few days. Be patient and give it some time.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords