AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

'show my ad with a google forwarding number' option missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This used to be setup correctly in my account, but now the 'show my ad with a google forwarding number' option is missing from the call extension.

I see:

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 20.44.36.png

In the instructions at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454052?hl=en-GB it shows:

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 20.49.52.png

I did used to have this option, and can't understand why it's no longer there. Help appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

We have another report about this issue;

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/No-option-to-add-a-Google-F...

I have escalated the case to Google to have engineering investigate;

EDIT: Resolved. A change in the UI. See below. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Re: 'show my ad with a google forwarding number' option missing

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

It has been moved to the advanced part:

Capture.PNG

If you hover over the question mark it explains the call forwarding aspect

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@RobSkelton figured it out while I was asleep....

The UI has changed: if you choose "reporting on" this means that a Google forwarding number will in place. I agree that with the past  format, which included a visible text, explaining  that, the confusion  would be avoided.  

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’