AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

shopping campaigns search query report not detailed enough

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

We have set up the new shopping campaign format to replace product listing ads for one of our clients. The simplicity of the set up and how it matches the feed inventory is good but there is a massive issue.

There seems to be no visibility of search queries at a product group level.

The search queries are visible under the dimensions tab for the campaign but there is no indication as to which product group they relate to which makes it impossible for us to optimise...

Is there a way to see the search queries at a product group level or is this in the pipeline? If not then we will need to go back to product listing ads unfortunately.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: shopping campaigns search query report not detailed enough

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Joel,

If I understood your question correctly, I think you have not added ad group column while looking at search term report. You can do that by clicking column & adding other attributes you want see in your report.

Below is screen shot

Secreen shot:
http://puu.sh/6eGKU.jpg

Thanks Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Joel,

You can see the Search terms Report for particular Product Group.

Go to the " Auto Target"> Then Select the "Product target" in "View tab"> Select the particular Product Group and run Click the Search terms. It will show you the individual Product group Search terms.

SQR PLA.png

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rohit
No, that's not it. The Shopping campaigns (unlike product listing ads) do not use ad groups. They all sit under one default ad group as far as the search query report is concerned.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh
No, that's not it. The Shopping campaigns (unlike product listing ads) do not use ad groups. They all sit under one default ad group as far as the search query report is concerned.

Your screenshot shows a product listing ad campaign which is different to a Shopping campaign.

Shopping Campaigns have been brought in to replace product listing ads but so far, as you can see from this dilemma are not good enough.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you Joel for bring this new thing into my knowlednge. I did some research and found this:

"Regardless of how you choose to structure your product groups, Shopping campaigns offer the unprecedented ability to view your performance data by product or product attribute. Since performance metrics are associated with the item and not the product group, you can filter and segment data by your product attributes. This includes Google product category, product type, brand, condition, item id and custom labels. For example, you’ll see which Apparel & Accessories categories drive the most clicks, without having to break out your clothing category into a separate product group."

http://adwords.blogspot.in/2013/10/introducing-shopping-campaigns-better.html

I think this will help.

Thanks again!!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Joel,

Did you find any information on a search terms report for shopping campaigns

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kris

Currently they do not exist at an ad group level so we reverted back to
product listing ads so that we have that data.

Hopefully Google add in the search query data for those campaigns at an ad
group level soon.

Thanks

Joel

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy and account security.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kris

Unfortunately not. You can see search query data at a campaign level but not at a product group level which means that it is impossible to optimise.

We ended up reverting back to product listing ads and all is hunky dory. Hopefully Google will resolve this soon.

Thanks

Joel

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Joel,

It's a pretty huge oversight (or dare I say intentional?). In which case, I think I'll be sticking with PLAs too until it's sorted!

Thanks, Kris