AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

remarketing tags for several websites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have several campaigns with several websites. To include remarketing for several websites, do I have one remarketing tag for each website or is the same tag for all the websites? How should I configure each campaign?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: remarketing tags for several websites

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Perfil,

Those are some good questions you asked about remarketing. Before I can address your questions, can you clarify what type of websites you want to run for your Remarketing Campaign? This will make it easier for me to suggestion how you can setup your Remarketing tags for the campaign(s).

Please reference the the Remarketing section on our AdWords Help Center page as an example of how "you can use remarketing in multiple ways, depending on the type of site you have, your business goals, and your campaign type" (see examples below): 

• Remarketing for the Display Network: Show ads to your site visitors while they browse the web.
  • Remarketing lists for search ads: Show ads to your site visitors when they search for what they need on Google. Expand your reach with additional keywords, set bid adjustments for people who have visited your site, and tailor your ads to them.
  • Dynamic remarketing (only for advertisers with a Google Merchant Center account): Show dynamically created ads to your site visitors, powered by your Google Merchant Center account. These ads are created based on the pages your customers visited or how they interacted with your site, and are shown to your site visitors while they view other sites on the web. Dynamic ads include relevant details such as product image, title, and price.
  • Remarketing for mobile apps: Reach customers who have previously visited specific sections of your mobile app, and show ads to them when they use other apps

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Perfil,

In addition to JP excellent reply, I would like to add my point here.

Case 1
If your all website campaigns running in a single AdWords account, you can use single remarketing tag to all different website.

Then you can create the audience list by defining the url as your requirement and run the campaings.

How to create the remarketing list:- please follow the help center article :- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064

Case :-2
If you are running different website campaigns in different adwords account, you can create the different remarketing code for individual account.

You can also run remarrketing campaigns through google analytics, it gives more customosied option to target the campaigns.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611268?hl=en

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you both!

John Paul I have several software products (some of them with its own url and others with mydomain.com/product) , and in addition, a bulk sms services website.

I've created a couple of remarketing lists with a rule like "url contains" the url of each website.

However, even when I've added the remarketing tag on all websites, I still have 0 impressions.

Do I have to rach a minimum of visitors to my websites to start showing my ads or am I doing something wrong?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Perfil,

Yes in order for your remarketing list to work, you need to ensure the following requirements have been fulfilled:

A remarketing list must have at least 100 active visitors within the last 30 days before you can show an ad to people on the list when they visit a Display Network site. A remarketing list for Google search ads needs to have a minimum number of 1000 cookies before the list can be used to tailor your search ads. This helps protect the privacy of those who make up your list.

I suggest you review this article on our Help Center page, How soon remarketing lists can start working, in order to ensure your remarketing list is working correctly. You can find the link here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472738?hl=en&ref_topic=3122877

Please let me know if this information is helpful in getting your remarketing lists to work. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the following lists, but none of them are displaying ads. Am I doing something wrong? Are they ready to display ads? Do I have to increase some money limits or to set anything?

List 1: 

List size (Google search): 350
List size (Display Network): 600

List 2: 

List size (Google search): 94
List size (Display Network): 170

Thank you

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi Perfil,

Thanks for waiting for my reply. Here's the reason why your remarketing list may not be working right now. Per the description from our Help page on remarketing lists here. "A remarketing list for Google search ads needs to have a minimum number of 1000 cookies from logged user (people who are logged into their Google account at the time of the advertising being displayed) before the list can be used to tailor your search ads. This helps protect the privacy of those who make up your list."

Looking at your last reply, it shows none of them have reached this minimum threshold.

List 1: 

List size (Google search): 350 
List size (Display Network): 600

List 2: 

List size (Google search): 94
List size (Display Network): 170

Please wait until you have this minimum amount of cookies before your remarketing list becomes active. If your still not seeing your ads displayed, you can reply to this post for further assistance.