AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

remarketing tag not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I'm currently working on setting up remarketing for http://www.homesupportandcare.co.uk/.

I've inserted the tag above the </body> attribute, but I'm getting the "We haven't detected the Google Analytics remarketing functionality on your website" message. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Re: remarketing tag not working

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sam,

I am guessing that you have just set it up recently? You need to give it some time, the last account I set up remarketing for (2 weeks ago) took over 6 hours before it detected the code. If you set it all up today, then I would suggest checking in tomorrow.

As an aside, I have looked at your link above and the remarketing tag is correctly installed, as seen by GTA.

Hope this helps

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
The above message is saying that "Google Analytics Remarketing is not installed". You have adwords remarketing installed so nothing to worry on your part. Have a nice daySmiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Haha! well spotted! Did not even register that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank guys! The code was added two months ago though, and there's been no data in the campaign at all. Pulling my hair out now!

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sam,

I'm not sure if this will make a difference but it looks like your tag is actually in the header, just before the </head> and the opening body (<body>) tag. Try bumping it down to just before the </body> tag and see if that might help.

Are you trying to set up a custom audience, or are you just trying to use the tag as it is? Just curious if there might be something rule-based that was causing your audience not to accumulate, although you should still see data accumulating beside the audience that is solely associated with the tag.

Last question - have you received a decent amount of traffic to the page since it was added?

Hope changing the position works!

Edited: I had asked how long it was on the page but I see you already answered that!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Sam,

I can see your remarketing tag is working. You can use Google Tag Assistant to view the same. Google Tag Assistant is an Addon for chrome browser.

From here there are only two reasons why your lists is not growing.

1. You are using a wrong remarketing code. Double the conversion id
2. There are only few visitors visiting your website.

Thanks,
Siva.