AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

remarketing : audience smaller than expected

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, when I compare the list of visitors that I tagged on my site to the number of unique visitors, I seem to be missing a lot of people.

From my understanding, the reasons why this happens are these:

1- Visitors don't accept cookies.

2- Visitors deleted cookies.

3- Visitors didn't stay long enough to load the cookies.

Other than the code is not well placed on my site, do you guys have any other clues?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: remarketing : audience smaller than expected

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi FF84,

The reasons you listed are correct and quite common these days.  Where do you have the code installed on your site and how big are the discrepancies that you're seeing? 

Also the audience list duration could become a factor if your list is not populating fast enough. 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi FF84,

The reasons you listed are correct and quite common these days.  Where do you have the code installed on your site and how big are the discrepancies that you're seeing? 

Also the audience list duration could become a factor if your list is not populating fast enough. 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The code is well installed, don't worry about that.

The discrepancies are not huge, around 75%-80% of the unique visitors are tagged.

Is this a normal percentage?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

I think you're getting what you can at this point.  Are you close to getting your minimum of 100 members so you can target the list?  If not, I would definitely extend the membership duration.

-Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
That discrepancy isn't too bad. I don't think you should worry about it.