AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

remarketing adwords in a chrome extension

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

here is our use case: once an adwords campaign has been launched, we would like to follow the behavior of users on a specific action from a Chrome extension.

After reading the documentation, we opted for asynchronous tag (https://developers.google.com/adwords-remarketing-tag/asynchronous/).

Since we are updating a Chrome extension, we relax security restrictions by updating the manifest.json file (key "content_security_policy"; rules "script-src" and "img-src") with the names of the domains where the javascript and images are loaded from.

At this point, during our tests, we have two issues:
- regarding the images loading, we have to specify 4 domains which seems a little tricky and not reliable
- one of the domains is google.fr (?) which is problematic.

So we wonder if we are on the right way.
What do you think about this issue? is it possible to use adwords with a Chrome extension?

Best regards,
Thierry Boileau

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Thierry

This isn't really the correct use case and I'm not sure it's even compliant with the remarketing policies. 
I'd really have to see the extension and what you're doing with it. 

Are you just trying to add users of the extension to a remarketing list? If that's the case, simply opening a welcome page on install (like most extensions do) that contains the tag will do the trick. 

If you've got a more advanced use case, please let me know. This is an interesting one.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Dave,

thanks for your comments.

Actually, it was a Chrome App that now takes the shape of a Chrome extension, because the Google has announced the end of the support of Chrome apps.

We want the impact of Google adwords campaign on the behavior of some of our paying users, especially when they execute a specific action, using the Chrome app, sorry, the Chrome extension.

We already use the "welcome page" trick when people create an account (signup), even with a free plan, but now we want to measure the impact of adwords campaign and check if it incites the user that have a paying plan to upgrade to a most expensive one.

So we were wondering how we could achieve that in a chrome extension, especially because of the restrictions.

best regards,

Thierry Boileau

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Dave,

did you had chance to help us with this topic?

Best regards,

Thierry Boileau