AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

referrals - google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi

when you go into google analytics and look at referrals within acquisiton, all traffic, where do these weird referral sites come from , are they google search partners. So if you have google search partners switched on in your campaign settings you get referral traffic if not then you dont is that correct ?

Thanks

Mac

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: referrals - google analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Mac, 

If it's google[referral] then it's probably from one of many Google websites or domains. If it's different referral traffic it is simply indicating traffic that is being directed to your domain from another domain. 

To better understand the links coming to you (backlinks) checkout Google Webmasters - it's an amazing tool! 

And if you decide the backlinks are toxic to your site use the Google Webmaster disavow tool: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/disavow-links-main?pli=1

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ho
A great response
I will check it out
Thanks
Mac

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello, Mac. Referrals such as "free-share-buttons dot com" are spam.

Google "google analytics referral spam" and take a look at some of the articles to get an idea.

It's a pretty annoying situation, actually.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.