AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

"purchase/sale" conversion issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm new in the business and i'm facing issues to interpret my client results in term of "purchase/sale" conversions:

One month ago (end of july), I came after my colleague on one of our client's account.

For this account we have 2 types of conversion:

• leads
  • purchases/sales

In 1 month "Lead" conversions have doubled but I cannot see any "purchase/sale" conversions...

When I'm checking the Tool Conversion page for "purchase/tool" tracking web pages I see this message:

"There's no web page conversion data for this time range. Adjust the time range using the drop-down menu above."

For this month of September, we already received 1 "purchase/sale" conversion.

I'm trying to understand why there were no conversion at all for "purchase/sale" conversion type in August.

Conversion trackings have been set up in April.

"purchase/sale" conversions were increasing until july.

I've checked in the history and I found this information from my colleague on july,10th:

Conversion Conversion Only (All Web Site Data) was Removed
Conversion Checkout (All Web Site Data) was Removed
Conversion Trial (All Web Site Data) was Removed

Is there a link with this conversion tracking that have been took off? But we get purchase conversion in September, so?

I also see one purchase "view through conversion" august 9th so i'm moving aside the conversion tracking issue.

We are working with this client on 2 different countries and I observ a purchase/sale conversion decrease for the other country also (79%)...but CTR and Lead conversions are still growing...

Do you have an explanation for this "purchase/sale" conversions decrease?

Thanks in advance,
Anaïs
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author anais m
September 2015

Re: "purchase/sale" conversion issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I am assuming that the two different actions you are using are for separate actions (leads and sale/purchase) which you want to measure from your campaigns i.e. users who fill up some contact form, sign up page and reaches thanks page and the users who successfully complete a transaction from your website and reaches check out success page. Let me know if that's not the case.

Best part is to test the conversion on your own. What you can really do is click on your live ad and complete the transaction and then wait for sometime and see if that conversion has been recorded inside your account or not.

There are various other ways how you can test your conversion tracking set up: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722021

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Re: "purchase/sale" conversion issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Pankaj and thank you for your answer.

You're right: "the two different actions you are using are for separate actions (leads and sale/purchase) which you want to measure from your campaigns i.e. users who fill up some contact form, sign up page and reaches thanks page and the users who successfully complete a transaction from your website".

Since we got conversion in September i'm assuming that conversion tracking is ok so I'm wondering about the importance of remarketing here.

Lists are already actived but I should optimize them to get potential purchasers who already signed up to come back and reach check out success page.

Do you suggest me Display or Search remarketing to get more conversions from people who already signed up?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Anaïs