AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

"Attribution Model" Setting when we are defining a Website Conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody!

I understand the attribution models but there's a doubt I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere.

When we create a website conversion, we have the option of defining the attribution model. The question is: how does this parameter affect? I mean, I fully understand the different attribution models, but I can not understand whether this parameter affects, for example, in how the bid is going to be adjusted, whether it affects conversion-based algorithms, and so on...

In the attribution tool we could already compare the different models and see how they vary with each other ... but introducing the attribution model in the definition of the conversion itself, to what exactly affects? (Because before was not!)

Some help highly appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance, 

All the best, 

Dave

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David Z
May

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David Z,

My best guess is what you are referring to is what we term as a data driven attribution model. Eligibility requirements are tough, however, if you meet them you may see an option to use the model. It is only available for google.com search ads, and only for website and GA conversion actions.

Under a scenario where data driven attribution model is coupled with an automated bid strategy to drive more conversions, the appropriate bidding algorithms will factor in findings based on the model so that you can accrue as many conversions as possible. Details about the algorithms are not disclosed by Google.

Based on the above, I would not say that the attribution model is considered in the definition of the conversion itself. Instead, when eligible you may choose the a/m model and one of the a/m bid strategies and when you opt in for both features, they will work together so that you accrue more conversions for less. As said above, details are kept confidential.

For more, you are advised to study the help page linked-to below.

***   About data-driven attribution   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6394265

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Lakatos!

Thanks a lot for your kind answer! Yes, so the model affects directly to the way bids are managed by the algorithm, that was my question.

I see the Data-driven model as we have enough clicks and conversions, so I will study carefully as you recommend.

Thanks a lot for your time. 

Best, 

Dave

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You are most welcome, @David Z. This is a help forum that is at your service, 24/7 ... Smiley Happy

Lakatos