AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

"All Conversions" different data than Conversions in overview

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

I use conversion tracking for form fills on my website, and for click-to-calls from the AdWords account.

When I go to the "Conversions" tab and look at all conversions, the data (number of total conversions) differs from the data on my account overview.

I've crossed checked with device segmented conversions, these match the data in my account overview.

Any insights into what's going on here?

Thanks in advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

hi @April J,

Are you including the today's date also?

Is your conversion count set to "Every" or "one"?

You can cross check it accessing conversion tab > click that particular conversion > edit settings.

Check the repeat rate of conversions(conversion tab) if it is more than 1.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

When you create a conversion action, there is a check box (checked by default) that counts the action as a conversion. If it is unchecked, the conversions won't appear in the Conversions column, but they will appear in the All Conversions column.

This can be useful for seeing data on actions that aren't exactly sales or leads - like views of a key page.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @April J,

If the goal is lead generation through form fill, I would recommend to change the settings to "one" instead of "Every".

Please note:

Example: if one ad click leads to three purchases, that will count as three conversions
Example: if one ad click leads to three purchases, that will count as one conversion.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Archit,

Will that make my conversions match up across both tabs?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yes, set the same settings for both form fill and call conversions.

Regards

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Archit, thanks for the tip.

The conversions tab already has less conversions than my account overview, I'm just nervous that counting conversions as "one" will expand that gap?

Re: "All Conversions" different data than Conversions in overview

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Can you share screenshot showing the difference(hiding your personal/accounts details).

Conversion tab will show all conversions even if these are repeated.

Please cross check if you have opted "yes" for all the conversion actions in the Include in "conversions".

Attaching a screenshot for your reference.

conversions.png

Regards

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Archit,

I actually found the issue: click to message was showing as conversions in my overview tab, but not the "all conversions" tab for some reason. Thanks a billion for all your help!