AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

quantifying competition

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I get a number for competition when I download my keyword search.   How do I measure if the number means high, medium, or low competition?   e.g. 0.08 I assume would mean low, and 0.76 would be high ... is that right?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: quantifying competition

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Cossi,

Welcome to the community..!

You are right. Competition is devided on to three segments Low, Medium and High, in the keyword tool interface, but when you download the report competition will be displayed as a number between 0 and 1.

You can roughly calculate this value as

0       to    0.33   Low

0.33  to    0.66   Medium

0.66  to    0.99   High

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Deepak

thanks for the advice.... is this equal division Google's official categorising of competition or is what most people use?

cheers

Fred

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Fred,

This is not an official Google categorization. I haven't found any help center article explaining this.

I use this method to differentiate competition and found this pretty accurate. Just have a look at the data I just downloaded using keywords tool.

Competition.jpg

Deepak.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cossi
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Deepak

I am new to this so many thanks for the proof.   All the best with your endeavours.

regards

Fred

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You are welcome Fred. Best of luck Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Competition is devided on to three segments Low, Medium and High, in the keyword tool interface, but when you download the report competition will be displayed as a number between 0 and 1.

0 to 0.33 Low
0.33 to 0.66 Medium
0.66 to 0.99 High