AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

please explain me the following lines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also high View Through Conversions are usually caused by advertisers accidentally implementing their remarketing tags with the conversion label from their conversion tracking tags. That is because View Through Conversions and remarketing use the same network requests, but remarketing tags won't send the conversion requests. So when you have a remarketing tag that's sending requests with a conversion label that's for a conversion action, the system will think it's a View Through Conversion.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: please explain me the following lines

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Or maybe you have really good targeting for your display campaign. Read this:

"View-through Conversions are what happens when a customer sees an ad, and then later completes a conversion on your site. Google allows you to track View-through Conversions, providing insight into the holistic value of your display campaigns."

It is enough that the user only sees your ad and after that in some time window finishes desired action.

And if you think that you get "double conversions" take a look in Google Analytics--Conversions--Attribution--Multi channel funnels--Top Conversion Paths--Source Path and look for pattern (ppc x 2).

I must say that I didn`t have that kind of situation and I am giving solution from my head not from practise.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Akshat,

I am sorry but the above did not make any sense to me. There is no relation between remarketing tag & View through conversion, except for the fact that you can start recording View Through Conversions post implementing Remarketing (if you are not already running a Display Network Campaign in your account).

Yes, another commonality between Remarketing & View Through Conversion is that they share the Display Network but other than that there is no connection between the two especially with respect to Conversion Tracking.

As Drazen has quoted the AdWords Help section here, View through Conversions are recorded when someone sees your image ad (Yes, an Image Ad and not a Text ad) but does not click on it but later goes to your website through some other medium and then converts, the original impression is attributed the conversion in AdWords. This attribution of conversion is called View Through Conversions.

Can you tell us who has given this reasoning to you? Maybe we can try and understand what he/she was trying to say when they said this.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Akshat

Could you please share the source link with us?

Abhishek

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
He thinks that View through conversions are counted twice for pages where he has his display add and remarketing add.
I think....

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
If that is the case, then let me clear this for your Akshat.

Your View Through Conversions will only be inflated if you have the de - duplication feature disabled in your account. De duplication feature ensures that conversions recorded from impressions that the converted users were exposed to are not attributed in the account more than once.

Earlier we had to manually enable or disable this feature in AdWords but since early 2014, AdWords has made De Duplication a Default feature. Here is link to a discussion on the community regarding the same: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Google-Removed-view-through-conversion-se...

Since this is now by default enabled, your view through conversions cannot be inflated in anyway.

Hope this clears things up.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"