AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

performance report - impressions clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi , for the daily performance report, we want to know whether clicks and impressions are reported.

For example, a visitor saw our ads yesterday but he didn't make the click, and he left the search screen open. Today, he came back and clicked the the ad.  My question

For the impression he received, will it get reported on yesterday's report?

For the click he made today, will it only be reported on today's report? So, the clicks might not always come from the impressions for a particular day?

Thanks.

Re: performance report - impressions clicks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Kevin M,

A very interesting question, never actually considered it, as this would be an extremely rare occurrence and would hardly warrant investigation for reporting purposes.

I will try and read up, but my gut would tell me that adwords would follow the same procedure as with conversions. So if some one converts during your conversion window then that conversion is attributed to the last ad clicked.

As such if someone gains an impression from an ad and then clicks that ad the next day without gaining another impression for it, that click would be linked and attributed to the impression, thus reported on the day of the impression.

Perhaps someone knows for certain. Will report back if I learn anything new.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kevin,
I'd say that your scenario will definitely be an outlier to the majority of your Clicks and Impressions. If I had to guess, I'd say the initial Impression will be reported on the day it first occurred (so yesterday in this example), and the Click would be reported on the day it actually happened (today in this example).

I cannot find a definitive answer, but I'd guess either way this will not happen too often.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Clynton , vkore91, for sharing your thoughts. Any comments or definitive answers from Google API team?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Kevin,

The impression will be reported yesterday and If he Made Click Today, then the click will be reported in Today's Report. If you want to Check you can search any low search volume keyword for today and let it be open till new day start, after that if you made click then click will be reported on next day.

I have noticed couple of time such occurrence when user search before 2400 Hrs and Click after that, so in my report such keyword show only click and not impression for that particular day.