AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

oscommerce adwords conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an oscommerce website http://www.vasustore.in and i want to do adwords conversion tracking on it. Code on my goal page is global and hence if i put code between <body> and </body> it is automatically inserted in all other pages and hence not able to track the goals properly. Kindly help me out with the issue.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: oscommerce adwords conversion tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dhruti R, welcome to the Community.

Even if you must put the code in a global area, you should still be able to modify it - or put a modification "around" it so that it only actually renders when it's shown on your goal page.  For example (in "mock" code) something like this:

if (URL = "goal page") {

//Put Conversion code here

}

Exactly how you would do this will depend upon the precise system you're using and to some extent your own knowledge of scripting languages but Conversion tracking is very very important to AdWords success so it's worth considering getting professional help just for this one aspect if you're unable to achieve it yourself.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

so Re: oscommerce adwords conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I will try that out with my website and will let you know whether its working or not.

Appreciate your quick reply.