AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

one ad click that produce one signup and one purchase(two conversions)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys

I have to track both signup, purchase for my campaign.

So two kinds of conversions i need to track how can i do that?

1. User 1st clicks my ad and landed on my website(destination url) makes a signup(lead) and gone

2. User 2nd clicks my ad landed on my website(destination url)makes a signup also makes a purchase(topup) and gone

So i want to look my report like Leads 2 and Purchase 1. So for this how can implement conversion tracking code and where?

Do i need to create two separate conversions code one for lead and other one for signup ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author balaji j
September 2015

Re: one ad click that produce one signup and one purchase(two conversi

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Balaji,

Yes, you'll have to create two separate conversions to track both these actions individually. Of course, a purchase would lead to a unique 'thank you' page but what about leads? Do you have a unique page that comes up after this action? By unique page, I mean the page shouldn't load while a user does any action other than signing up. In that case, you can place one conversion code on that page and the other on the thank you page that comes up after a purchase.

Hope that helps!
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Yes, it does. You'll have to place the code on '/myaccount/new-user' and ensure it doesn't load on any instances other than sign up.
Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Balaji,

Yes, you'll have to create two separate conversions to track both these actions individually. Of course, a purchase would lead to a unique 'thank you' page but what about leads? Do you have a unique page that comes up after this action? By unique page, I mean the page shouldn't load while a user does any action other than signing up. In that case, you can place one conversion code on that page and the other on the thank you page that comes up after a purchase.

Hope that helps!
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Sumanth

Thanks for the reply.

So for the leads purpose we use one unique url (/myaccount/new-user) load first time for users

So after this if the user check some other page and return back to myaccount page the url will be "/myaccount, even if they refresh it

is this makes sense?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Yes, it does. You'll have to place the code on '/myaccount/new-user' and ensure it doesn't load on any instances other than sign up.
Sumanth Sridhar