AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

need to upload a file to the tracking area of analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have downloaded a file from Google to be uploaded into the area that verifies my site.  I do not know how to upload that file from my PC to that area in Google Analytics?

Can you please telll me how?

Thank you.

Rene

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: need to upload a file to the tracking area of analytics

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Are you referring to the Javascript code?

Do you own and host this website using your own hosting or is it a free website platform like blogger.com?

Essentially do you have access to the files where all the codes are?

If so you need to copy and paste that bit of code into every page of your website immediately before the closing </head> tag.

Once done you will be able to start monitoring your traffic in Analytics.

Ryan.

Re: need to upload a file to the tracking area of analytics

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Rene,

In order to verify you own the web site, Google asks you to place the downloaded file in the root directory of the web site. You do this the same way you upload your other content.

You do not upload to Analytics, you up load to your own web site. If you're not sure how to do that, ask your hosting service. Usually, it will be with FTP.

The alternative method is to place a special meta-tag in the head section of your default document--the one that shows when you enter only the web site domain.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords