AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

multiple conversion codes on same page?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

4 adgroups

4 separate landing pages with "form" to submit (as conversion goal)

only 1 "thank you for submitting form" page exists.

can i have 4 separate tracking codes installed on that single "thank you" page?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: multiple conversion codes on same page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi 

Check this discussions;

Can I add multiple conversion snippets on a single "thank you" page?;

Multiple Conversion Codes On Multiple Web-pages

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello.

Do you think you need to set up 4 conversion codes? Adwords will log the ad group that triggered the conversion, the ad, keyword, everything.

So instead of looking at reports telling you something like:

- conversion type I: 20

- conversion type IV: 5

you can see

- ad group I - conversions: 20

- ad group IV - conversions: 5

In this configuration one code which records a conversion is enough, and coupled with the ad group (which should be properly named) or the ad which has the landing page as destination URL could work.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I read that discussion and Alex did not answer the question. The issue is multiple conversion scripts on the same thank you page. And the reason why is the limitation of the shopping cart, it can only go to one thank you page but the shopping cart handles more than one product. I have ads for multiple products that go through a shopping cart with only one thank you page to confirm the purchase. So i want to know the conversions on product a, b, c, d, e, and f so each one would need a conversion.

A O
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
A O
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm still unclear.

I have several ads that all go to the same thank you page (after the user submits an inquiry). Ideally I guess I would set up  distinct landing pages for each ad but my client's budget doesn't allow for this.

Can I place conversion codes from several ads on one thank you page?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
A O, you do not place codes from ads, you place codes from your account or your MCC. And you can place as many as you want, they will all execute and the conversion will be attributed to the last click (the 1-per-click conversion) and then the next, if you have conversions from the same account, will go into the many per click bucket. If they are from different accounts, the conversion will only register in accounts which sent visitors to you prior to the current visit.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Adwiser, I have a similar question that you answered for AO in October. I've created two campaigns for same client. Campaign #1 was set up with conversion tracking. Campaign #2 uses the same landing page and web form. I want to track conversions for each campaign independently of course. If I understood your response to AO I don't need to place a second set of tracking code on the fulfillment page in order for conversions from campaign #2 to be reported. Is that correct? Is there a chance that conversions from campaign #2 will be reported in the stats for campaign #1?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Charles,

=======================================

Is there a chance that
conversions from campaign #2 will be reported in
the stats for campaign #1?
=============================\==========

No, the campaign #1 will record only those conversion, which are generated by campaign #1 keywords, If user performs a search with search term and your ads triggers from campaign #2 and user fills the form, in this scenario the conversion will be recorded in your campaign #2 only not in campaign #1.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. Can I assume the conversions for campaign #1 and campaign #2 will be reported separately even if campaign #1 is search and campaign #2 is Display?

Charles

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Yes - that's a safe assumption.