AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

multiple ad copies in same ad group

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I have multiple ad copies in the same ad group ( ex kw1, kw2 , kw 3 --- ad group 1 --; ad copy 1a, kw4, kw5 -- ad group 1 --- ad copy 1b)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: multiple ad copies in same ad group

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jaimini P,

Welcome to the forum

Yes you can. In fact its a good idea to have at least 2 adcopies with different messging in a same adgroup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
so which ad copy will google display...Do I get to choose that or google decides this...!??

Thanks for the quick ans btw.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Jaimini P,

The ad will selected according to your ad rotation settings. With even rotation, ads are selected more or less at random. If you set to optimize, it will show the best performing ad.

The only way to match keywords to ad copy is to create multiple ad groups with related keywords and ad copy in each ad group. Using your example above, this would be my suggested organization:

ex kw1, kw2 , kw 3 --- ad group 1 -- multiple ads all related to kw1, kw2, kw3
kw4, kw5 -- ad group 2 --- multiple ads all related to kw4, kw5

It's not that much extra work, and it should improve your results.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jaimini P,
It sounds good if you are using multiple ad copies for multiple keywords. You have put here good question that which ad will be shown by AdWords. So I would like to tell you that it depends upon your ad rotation setting. As you know if your using multiple ad copies then you must have to select any one ad rotation setting. You can read more here about at rotation setting. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/112876?hl=en.

After this, Google will analyze which ad is performing well for a specific time period and after that best performing ad will be shown always to users. This is one of the biggest benefits of using the multiple ad copies.

I hope my post will clear your all doubts and you can keep posting if you have not got the best solutions.

Regard
Om Thakur