AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

multi value conversion tracking

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a lead generation website with one form.  The value of the lead to me differs depending on the selection the user makes on the form.

Say for example:

If the user selects cheap widgets, the lead value is 10 dollars

If the user selects good widgets, it's 20 dollars

If the user selects premium widgets, it's 30 dollars

Etc

The thank you page (where my conversion snippet is) is the same, regardless of which widget the user selects.

How can I trace which leads are generated from which adgroups / kw's?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: multi value conversion tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adam.
You have a few of options here.

1) Direct the user to a different thank you page depending on the lead value (this is the easiest option)

2) You can dynamically pass the value of the lead back to the conversion code on the thankyou page based on the field selection.

3) You can use Google Analytics and virtual pageviews to track the field selection and build a goal out of that, then import that goal to AdWords later (this is likely to be inaccurate as users will trigger a goal each time they switch the field and can do that an infinite amount of times per session)

I'd go with the first option if I were you.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adam C
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Adam
Pretty much, yes.

As for BING, you could absolutely use the different thank you pages. In fact, you could use them in GA too so that you can measure the value of non paid traffic too.

It's a fairly straightforward task for your developer. Depending on the value of the relevant form field, on submit, redirect to the appropriate thank you page. It can even be hard coded into the form itself as you only have a few possibilities. Shouldn't take long.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adam.
You have a few of options here.

1) Direct the user to a different thank you page depending on the lead value (this is the easiest option)

2) You can dynamically pass the value of the lead back to the conversion code on the thankyou page based on the field selection.

3) You can use Google Analytics and virtual pageviews to track the field selection and build a goal out of that, then import that goal to AdWords later (this is likely to be inaccurate as users will trigger a goal each time they switch the field and can do that an infinite amount of times per session)

I'd go with the first option if I were you.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply, I thought that might be the case which is a pain I as will need to involve my developer!!

I guess to view the different lead types I'd then just segment by conversion category? Or something along those lines?

Also - will the different thank you pages work for Bing Ads as well? Do I need a different conversion snippet on each page (Bing appears to limit the number of conversion snippets you can create).

Thanks

Adam
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adam C
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Adam
Pretty much, yes.

As for BING, you could absolutely use the different thank you pages. In fact, you could use them in GA too so that you can measure the value of non paid traffic too.

It's a fairly straightforward task for your developer. Depending on the value of the relevant form field, on submit, redirect to the appropriate thank you page. It can even be hard coded into the form itself as you only have a few possibilities. Shouldn't take long.

Hope that helps!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Awesome, thanks for your help Dave.