AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

multi-product on one-webpage conversion tracking

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I have an e-commerce website and recently trying to install AdWords script in it, to track conversions (purchases per product). Google says I need to insert conversion scripts into respective purchase-complete pages, which means '1 conversion script for 1 product page, each'.

But actually, my website has only one webpage where conversions happen (says 'Thanks for your order' when shopping finished), while customers can choose products they would like to buy. The overall flow is like below:

1st page: Customers visit one product page (There are static pages by product)

2nd page: Filling in required info (e.g. Customer name, address, etc)

3rd page: Confirming entered info, and customers click 'Order' (This page is where the conversion happens)

In summary, my website has a variety of product pages, while actual conversion (i.e. clicks on 'Order' button) happens only one static webpage. I'd like to track conversions by product, but no idea how since Google says only 1 conversion tracking script per webpage is OK. It seems ordering info (product type, quantity, price, etc.) may delivered/processed as variables from page to page, but I don't have any experience to deal with technical issues like this.

Hence, could you please provide conversion tracking script examples, for 'one webpage' processing multiple products within it?

Kindly advise. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DJ L
September 2015

Re: multi-product on one-webpage conversion tracking

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

If you only have 1 conversion page, then that is where you should put the code. The AdWords conversion tracking doesn´t collect information about amount or types of product, it just reports purchases (and one could include many products and the price could vary).

Too collect more detailed information purchases, you could use Google Analytics.
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/gaTrackingEcommerce

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DJ L
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

If you only have 1 conversion page, then that is where you should put the code. The AdWords conversion tracking doesn´t collect information about amount or types of product, it just reports purchases (and one could include many products and the price could vary).

Too collect more detailed information purchases, you could use Google Analytics.
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/gaTrackingEcommerce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

does it report purchase based on keyword yes?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, conversions will be reported on many levels and dimensions (keyword, ad, campaign, hour of day ...)