AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

measuring True View In Stream Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

how can I evaluate the ratio of video seen at 100% in a True View In Stream Ads Campaign?

42 % of completed video is a good result?

Are there benchmarks?

Thank you

Pepe

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: measuring True View In Stream Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello pepe72,

I might be entirely wrong but I believe this question would be better suited for the YouTube Help forum, from my understanding it's a YouTube revenue question irrelevant to Google AdWords.

Regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Valentine (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Pepe72,

Thank you for your question. I believe that you are refering to the quartile view in the Video tab in AdWords for video. We do not currently offer benchmarks for this report in AdWords for video. However, there is a similar report in your YouTube analytics account, which may be interesting to you, although it will give data on the video performances, regardless of the traffic source (TrueView in-stream or organic).

I am refering to the audience retention report in your YouTube analytics account.

1. Access this report by login in on youtube.com/analytics
  2. In the content search box, search for the video for which you would like to see the data.
  3. On the left hand side navigation menu, click on "Audience retention" within "Views Reports"
  4. The first graph shows the same data as the quartile report in AdWords for video, but for all traffic sources, and by time stamp instead of quartile percent.
  5. click on the second tab "Relative audience retention" to see the data as compared to all YouTube videos of similar length. This should give you an idea on whether 40% drop off at the 75% mark is high or low performance for your video.

For more on the Audience retention report and on the YouTube analytic report in general, you can read this page of the YouTube help center.

Have a great day,

Valentine

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Valentine

Can you tell us if in AdWords for Video an impression is counted only when a user has choosen to watch at least 6 seconds of a InStream ad, or if an impression is counted as long as an InStream ad starts running, even if the user chooses to ship it after, say, 3 seconds?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Valentine (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out !

In AdWords for video, an impression is counted every single time your ad is served. This means that an impression is counted every time we serve the Thumbnail+3 lines of text (for TrueView in-display) or every single time we start serving the video (for TrueView in-stream). By default, we report on these 2 types of impression as an aggregate under the "impressions" column in your report. If you would like to see a split between Thumbnail impressions and video in-stream impressions, you can click on the "+" sign next to the "impressions" column.

As a reminder, the billable event for your TrueView campaigns is engaged video views. We count a video view (and increment a view in YouTube) whenever we start playing your TrueView in-display ad (after the user clicked on the Thumbnail/3 line of text on YouTube Search results, or on top of the related videos on the YouTube video pages) or when the user watched at least 30 seconds of your video ad (or watches the full ad if your video is less than 30 seconds long).

Your view-through rate (VTR) is the ratio between the number of times that we served your ad and the number of engage views that you got. (VTR = views/impressions)

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Valentine

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Valentine,
that´s a wonderful reply.

I´m preparing a training on video advertising on behalf of Google and there are some specific questions I cannot find the answer to in the Help Center.
Perhaps you could also have a look at this discussion:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/AdWords-for-Video/CTR-for-InVideo-ad/m-p/403597#U403597

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
All done Smiley Happy